The Green Deal Home Improvement Fund
Polyramek Energy Are Working Hard To Help Deliver £5600 Savings in Making Your Home Energy Efficient
The Green Deal Home Improvement Fund or GDHIF is a Government started incentive scheme for those who want to make their homes more energy efficient. The GDHIF is for all homeowners across England and Wales.
Through this second release of funding for the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund, there will be up to £5,600 available to help with the cost of installing energy saving measures such as solid wall insulation, double glazing, boilers, cavity wall and floor insulation.
Through this second release of funding, domestic energy customers can now receive:
• up to £4000 for installing solid wall insulation and/or
• up to £1000 for installing two measures from an approved list
• up to £100 refunded for their Green Deal Assessment if they go on to install measures through the scheme.
A rebate towards the cost of a Green Deal Advice Report is subject to a successful voucher application, the installation of the eligible measures through the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund and compliance with the scheme terms and conditions.
In addition, there’ll also be up to £500 available for people who apply to the fund within 12 months of buying a new home.
You can get back up to 67% of the cost of installing solid wall insulation, up to £4,000.
You can also get up to £1,000 towards the cost of installing any 2 of the following:
- a condensing gas boiler on mains gas
- double or triple glazing as a replacement for single glazing
- secondary glazing
- energy efficient replacement external doors
- cavity wall insulation
- floor insulation
- flat-roof insulation
- insulation for a room in the roof
- a replacement warm air unit
- fan-assisted storage heaters
- a waste water heat recovery system
You can get up to £500 more if you apply within 12 months of buying a home.
You can also claim back up to £100 towards the cost of your Green Deal assessment if you install energy-saving improvements through the GDHIF.
And to be eligible for the GDHIF scheme…
If you want to apply and make your home more energy efficient as well as making your home more cost effective when it comes to your energy bills, you must satisfy the criteria below…
- You must apply before the work starts via an accredited company of Ofgem
- The work must be carried out after an Energy Performance Certificate in the last 12 months or GDAR
- You will not be eligible if you receive ECO or other central Government funding but you can blend with DEAC Money Greener Loans
- Once approved you have up to 6 months to have your home improvements works completedFact…GDHIF is set up to work alongside the Green Deal finance scheme. So, house holders may then consider the Green Deal Finance option to help fund part of the cost of the installation. But, you are not required to do so as part of the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund.
The first release of the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund was incredibly popular, and with this in mind, the £30 million has been split into two categories:
• Up to £24 million for solid wall insulation
• Up to £6 million for two measures from a list of home improvements available under the scheme
Once the funding under each category has been committed, no more applications will be taken for that category – although applications will still be taken for the other category if funds are still available.
Remember, people applying for the scheme must be the Owner or Occupier of the property they are improving. Managing agents will not be eligible to apply under the scheme.
DECC may vary the terms of the scheme (including the incentive rates) or suspend or close the scheme, with immediate effect, without notice and at any time.
The Green Deal Home Improvement Fund has been an incredibly popular scheme and funds are limited
But who can install the measures under the scheme?
We can, Polyramek Energy.
Polyramek Energy is an authorised installer and provider of the GDHIF. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us here…
GDHIF is a major scheme across England and Wales that will allow the housing landscape to be reborn in a more energy efficient manner. Meaning homes leave less carbon footprint and save more on their bills.
Polyramek Energy have embraced this scheme as it will allow us to once again embark on a journey where we complete a job professionally and quickly but at the same time helping people move forward by saving money.
If you have any questions about the GDHIF, please complete the ´Find out more´ form.